Kaukauna History Block
This is an ink sketch of the Kaukauna Public Library before the 1976 addition. This building was built through a Carnegie Grant that was received in 1902. According to the Wisconsin Register of Historic Places, the library's construction date was 1905; it was originally known as the Free Public Library of Kaukauna.
Ink sketch of Wisconsin public school, opened in 1828 in Kaukauna -- as imagined by the artist. This school was started by Electa Quinney, Wisconsin's first public school teacher. She was a Stockbridge-Munsee Indian woman who was professionally trained to be a teacher, and she taught Native American and white students at her school. In the foreground is the oldest white ash tree in the state of Wisconsin.